Wednesday, May 2, 2012

End of year party.

I thought I would re post this party from our last day of art last year.  Even if you don't have time for a full lesson, it is a neat idea to have a little "graduation" and present them with an official artist certificate!

I planned a surprise donut party for our last art session.  First we created coffee filter flowers, which were a big hit. 

As the projects were drying I called each student up, one-by-one and presented them with a very official looking graduation certificate from Mrs. Stinson's art class (and we all cheered as each student came to the front of the class to accept their certificate).


You can print these free certificates here and fill them out with your own name and the names of your students. 

We enjoyed our Krispy Kremes and talked about all the projects we created throughout the year.  Then Miss Cook and the class surprised me with a gift!


(My son, Camden and I with a few class mates.)

They gave me the book, The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds, and each student signed the inside cover. 
 So sweet!

This is a neat book about a student who doesn't think she can draw, but her teacher inspires her.  I will definitely be using this book in a lesson to come this year.

I think anything you can do to make each child feel special goes a long way in the memory of a child.  Thanks Miss Cook and her 2nd grade class for a great year! 

1 comment:

  1. Year end parties are New Year or Christmas festive events. Had a blast last year. One of the cool San Francisco venues was booked by my friends. Food arrangements were royal and decorations were simple. Ordered drinks and cake online. Danced to the last beats of Dj whole night.

    ReplyDelete