Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall leaf collage

Supplies:
White Paper
Watercolors
Construction paper: red, yellow, orange, brown
Scissors
Glue



I got this project idea from the Art Projects for Kids website.  (I love this website!)  Tomorrow we will be doing this with kindergartners and Friday with third graders. 

First, we will talk about collages and different kinds of things you could use to make a collage.  Next, we will paint a simple blue on top and green on bottom background.  While that dries, the older kids will cut out leaves.  (I am going to use colored construction paper rather than have them use watercolors for the leaves so we can finish it in one class period). 

For the kindergartners, I have precut the tree shape and leaf shapes.  We don't have as long of a lesson time with them, and I didn't want to run out of time.

Then we will glue it all together.  I will post pictures of their results later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment